Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Most Wonderful Day of the Year...for Couponers!!!

     If you know me you know I love to save money and a few years ago I discovered that I could save a lot of it on Thanksgiving. That's right, Thanksgiving. I know when some stores started being open on that day over 10 years ago I said I would never shop then.




     Well after so many years I realized that if they were gonna be open I might as well enjoy the savings and I discovered a store where I could save $70-$150 just by going and shopping there on Thanksgiving morning with some preparation from one of my favorite couponing websites www.couponmom.com.




     At the website they match up the sales ad with the manufacturers coupons that are out for the same product to maximize your savings and when I realized that Thanksgiving was the biggest day of the year for this I went out to discover what all the fuss was about in 2009. Well I went to CVS! That's right CVS and low and behold no one else was there at 8am sooooooo I was free to pick up lots of merchandise for an amazing amount of savings!




     Since then more people have been learning about couponing and this Thanksgiving I had a little company but not much. I am posting pictures of all the things that I bought that day and my receipt totals and savings just to prove to you that yes you can get free products from the stores like candy bars, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and Advil. Some times you can even make money off the deal. If it's free generally it's for me and if I can make something off of it all then that's even better.





     So when I went to CVS on Thanksgiving day I was armed with my CVS card (if you don't have one get one) $10 in extra bucks ( these are like store credit I have from an earlier purchase) a $5 off a $25 purchase coupon and a $6 off a $30 purchase coupon and a stack of manufacturers coupons I had matched up with what was on sale for that day to maximize my savings. I had told my husband it was going to be epic because I had never had a $5 off $25 and a $6 off of $30 at the same time that I was able to use in the same day.





     $163.21 is the amount that my register receipt said I saved and I only spent $15.06 and I walked out with  about $20.00 in extra bucks ( more store credit) and of course all the merchadise in my picture which included the following:

  1. 1 Snuggie
  2. 1 Conair Hair dryer
  3. 2 Rice Chex
  4. 1 LA Looks Hair Gel
  5. 1 Quantum Finish Powerballs
  6. 2 Wet n Wild Nail Sets
  7. 1 Phillips Earbuds
  8. 2 Hershey's drops
  9. 2 Listerine Pocker Packs
  10. 2 Snickers Peanut Butter Bars
  11. 2 Twix Bars
  12. 1 Balance Bar
  13. 1 Be Koool
  14. 1 Bayer Advanced
  15. 1 CVS Dental Flossers
  16. 1 Colgate Total
  17. 1 Starbucks Double Shot
  18. 1 Fiber One Brownies
  19. 1 Carmex
  20. 1 Kleenex Cool Touch
  21. 1 Excedrin Pm
  22. 1 Excedrin Extra Strength
  23. 1 Advil
  24. 1 CVS AA Alkaline
  25. 1 Cepacol
  26. 2 Gum toothbrushes with bonus travel caps
  27. 1 Irish Spring Deodorant
  28. 1 Pepto Bismol
  29. 1 Soft Lips
  30. 1 Oral-B Vitality
  31. 2 Caramels


     So all in all I consider it an excellent day when I walk out with more extra bucks in my hand than  the amount of money I spent. : ) For that I am truly thankful!

Sharon

copyright SHARONNMYLIFE  INC 2016 | all rights reserved
Unless otherwise stated, all words and photos on this blog are my own. If you use a photo, please link back to this site to provide credit. Under no circumstances, should the text of this blog be copied and re-posted elsewhere unless you have permission from me to do so. Please note, hurtful or offensive anonymous comments will be blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment