Thursday, October 6, 2016

Guest Post Update From My Husband Dave

Guest Post Update From My Amazing Husband Dave
Dave is a funny guy and wanted to share some big news with our family and friends!
We hope you share in our joy of celebrating life!
     "Wow! Where do I begin? I want to thank all those who have wished me a happy birthday! It's amazing what the Lord has done in my lifetime...it wasn't too long ago that I wondered if I was going to make it to 50 let alone to today. I know that it's been the goodness of God. I also know it's been the prayers of my parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, other relatives, and that many of you, have done on my behalf. Although the disease that I deal with should have been fatal even through my childhood years, here I am. I definitely have hope in my heart! Hope for today, tomorrow and the future. I say that from an interesting position. As many of you know, I have been in a wheelchair since 1995...due to the ultra rare disease I have, called Hypophosphatasia (HPP), which is a musculoskeletal disease. Multiple breaks, muscle weakness, pain etc. But last fall the FDA released the only life saving drug to help with the symptoms. This is not a cure, but it has saved many babies that would have died otherwise. I started the drug in March. The drug basically is supposed to replace an enzyme I'm missing in my DNA. Again, It's not a cure..but it is the next best thing! What does it do for me? It's really helping me to have a better quality of life... This drug is something my doctors said I'd never see in my lifetime!!! They were happy to be wrong....and so am I. I'm such a blessed man. I have a wonderful wife and children, great family and friends, a great HPP family, great Pastors, staff and church family! People who have stood with and encouraged me and my family during the easier times and when I've (we've) been battle wounded and worn. Thanks again.....from a grateful heart.....Dave 
It is I who no longer lives but it is Christ who lives in me!"

copyright SHARONNMYLIFE  INC 2016 | all rights reserved
Unless otherwise stated, all words and photos on this blog are my own. If you use a photo, please link back to this site to provide credit. Under no circumstances, should the text of this blog be copied and re-posted elsewhere unless you have permission from me to do so. Please note, hurtful or offensive anonymous comments will be blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment