Sunday, May 12, 2019

                                              Happy Mother's Day Naomi!

      My Mom is an amazing mother and I wish her a happy Mothers day today but this blog entry is about my Mother-in-law or what some call their Mother-in-love now.
     I met her a little less than a year before I married my husband and she was so kind to me. I believe she knew that her days with her son single were numbered and she treasured every moment with him that she could. I didn’t understand that at the time, but as time has rolled on and I have matured and understand a little more of life and my husband’s story, it’s starting to all make sense.
     Naomi Mullins Talkington was one brave woman. She was strong, courageous, loving and a fighter when it came to getting the medical care for her son that she desperately loved, my future husband. I can’t thank her enough! I don’t know the full story but in the last few years a few more pieces of the puzzle began to unfurl as treatment for hpp was approved and we began a journey to find out could adults get this treatment? What would it take to get this treatment?
                                   
                                                                   Dave's Amazing Mom Naomi!
                                               
     Soon we found out that it would take proof that you had hpp as a child prior to age 18 years old. Well at first I thought we don’t have anything like that as my husband’s pediatric records were destroyed before we could request them shortly after we were married. We were young and Naomi encouraged us to call and get them and they said they were gone. The whole office records had been destroyed. We were disappointed but had no idea what relevance it could be in the future such as we began to realize in the fall of 2015.
Then I remembered something. After Naomi passed my sister in law, who is a nurse, handed me a box. She had graciously done some initial sorting of things in the house, since we lived out of town, and said these were some of David’s things.I can’t thank her enough for keeping these things and passing them onto us! Honesty they were still in the box and I thought “where is that box?” We had moved several times and it is nothing short of a miracle that we still had it!
    
      I found the box and began to go through it. From his birth announcement, where it listed his very small weight and her reassurance that he would be fine, to cards welcoming him as a baby it was there in the box. Then there were the letters she had written to doctors and doctors had written back to her. Before the internet in a time were very little was known this mother was leaving no stone unturned to help her child receive the best of care as far as she could see and find! She was writing researchers that were on the front lines of hypophosphatasia and how do we treat it. Her tenacity was persistent and she was resilient and firm in what they could do and what boundaries she drew to care for her precious son. She was a trailblazer in advocacy and the letters and documents she so preciously saved I don’t think she ever dreamed they would be an inheritance key to lead to treatment for her precious son once she was long gone.
So today I honor my mother in love for saving my husbands life and health through her foresight to connect and correspond with some of the leading doctors and researchers of his childhood! Happy Mothers Day in heaven Naomi! I love you!
     
                                    Copyright SHARONNMYLIFE  INC 2019 | all rights reserved
Unless otherwise stated, all words and photos on this blog are my own. If you use a photo, please link back to this site to provide credit. Under no circumstances, should the text of this blog be copied and re-posted elsewhere unless you have permission from me to do so. Please note, hurtful or offensive anonymous comments will be blocked.
   

1 comment:

  1. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?, Global Loan Access is given all types of loans at low interest rate of 2% I got mine from them you can Apply now via email at: ( globalloanaccess@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete